NEW HIGHWAY THREATENS PROTECTED KOALA POPULATIONS Posted by: Ashleigh Saunders February 10, 2014 in Northern Rivers News Ballina Council has joined with Friends of the Koala, to fight for a new solution to the current Wardell bypass. The proposed highway upgrade through Blackwall could potentially wipe out the local protected species. Source : http://www.nbnnews.com.au/index.php/2014/02/10/new-highway-threatens-protected-koala-populations/ Calls for more…read more
Thriving Somerset koalas give scientists hope for species survival By Courtney Wilson Updated Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:50am AEDT VIDEO: A koala sits in a tree after being tagged and released by researchers near Fernvale, west of Brisbane. (Nic MacBean) (ABC News) PHOTO: A koala sits in a tree after being tagged and released by researchers near Fernvale, west…read more
Here is some damning analysis and reporting by the Rainforest Alliance and the Rainforest Stewardship Council. Australian Bluegum Plantations Pty. Ltd. (SW-FM/COC-001327) Assessment and Audits through 2005 (English) PDF - 298 KB Annual Audit 2006 (English) PDF - 138 KB Verification Audit 2007 (English) PDF - 39 KB Annual Audit 2007 (English) PDF - 140 KB Annual Audit 2008 (English) PDF - 429 KB Verification…read more
PBS Nature: Cracking the koala code Follow individual koalas from a small social group on an Australian island to learn just how a koala manages to survive and thrive on a diet poisonous to almost all other herbivorous mammals. From the miracle of marsupial birth to tender moments of discovery between mother and newborn joey,…read more
Ray and Murray Chambers from Sunshine Coast Koala Rescue talk about the realities of being wildlife rescue workers
Here’s an interesting piece on how a cartoon turned the raccoon into an invasive species on the island of Japan. If only the koala had this kind of support in the community! How a Kids’ Cartoon Created a Real-Life Invasive Army POSTED BY JASON G. GOLDMAN ON SEP 18, 2013 Tales of monsters invading Japan…read more
Dennis the Election Koala gives Ken the Voting Dingo an important lesson in civics! Any time there’s a federal election approaching, you’ll see and hear Australians saying things like, “I’d like to vote for [Minor Party/Independent] but the most important thing is to keep [Major Party A] out, so I’d better vote for [Major Party…read more
Great footage of a koala helping her joey bridge the gap between trees!
Here’s an amazing Google Earth Engine time lapse visualisation showing the devastating impact of development on the heartland of koala habitat, South East Queensland. Source : http://earthengine.google.org/#intro/v=-27.8615255,153.31201929999997,11.790520644639958
During WWE’s recent trip to Australia, Daniel Bryan visited the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the world’s oldest and largest Koala sanctuary.
This fluffy young koala popped his head over our fence in search for water. It has been very dry here in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia and so are the Gum Trees. Koalas get creative in search for water during the dry Summer.
Search by Tags
- Does anyone know if any zoos in the United States allow you to hold a koala?Does anyone know if any zoos in the United States allow you to hold a koala? If not hold, then at least get a special "up close and personal" session? I've been trying to find a definitive list of US Zoos that have koalas but the best I can find is this this website, which is uncited and might be incomplete. I'm willing to pay premium/mak […]
- [Netflix] Cracking the Koala Code - Documentarysubmitted by CentralCalBrewer [link] [3 comments] […]
- Koalas are the best bossessubmitted by SirRevan [link] [3 comments] […]
- The Most Inspiring Movie Travel Quotes on Cute Photos of Sleepy Koalassubmitted by FuelledByCaffeine [link] [comment] […]
- Remember to always asksubmitted by benjyfal [link] [2 comments] […]
- My friend subscribes to Animal Health alerts because she's a vet. This email came a few days ago.... [X-Post r/funny]submitted by jackdetiveaux [link] [1 comment] […]
- Look at that tummy!submitted by catlinfd [link] [1 comment] […]
- Natures Nice So This Koala Bear’s Going Bushsubmitted by smilingbear [link] [comment] […]
- Unlikely ally to the koala Queensland Sporting Shooters association make firing range land home to koala refuge.... It's the biggest ever koala habitat restoration undertaking in the state of Queensland | Koala Landsubmitted by hndspn [link] [comment] […]
- My friend made me this forever ago, thought it would be appreciated here.submitted by KerryMeHome [link] [comment] […]