Here is some damning analysis and reporting by the Rainforest Alliance and the Rainforest Stewardship Council. Australian Bluegum Plantations Pty. Ltd. (SW-FM/COC-001327) Assessment and Audits through 2005 (English) PDF - 298 KB Annual Audit 2006 (English) PDF - 138 KB Verification Audit 2007 (English) PDF - 39 KB Annual Audit 2007 (English) PDF - 140 KB Annual Audit 2008 (English) PDF - 429 KB Verification…read more
PBS Nature: Cracking the koala code Follow individual koalas from a small social group on an Australian island to learn just how a koala manages to survive and thrive on a diet poisonous to almost all other herbivorous mammals. From the miracle of marsupial birth to tender moments of discovery between mother and newborn joey,…read more
Ray and Murray Chambers from Sunshine Coast Koala Rescue talk about the realities of being wildlife rescue workers
Here’s an interesting piece on how a cartoon turned the raccoon into an invasive species on the island of Japan. If only the koala had this kind of support in the community! How a Kids’ Cartoon Created a Real-Life Invasive Army POSTED BY JASON G. GOLDMAN ON SEP 18, 2013 Tales of monsters invading Japan…read more
Dennis the Election Koala gives Ken the Voting Dingo an important lesson in civics! Any time there’s a federal election approaching, you’ll see and hear Australians saying things like, “I’d like to vote for [Minor Party/Independent] but the most important thing is to keep [Major Party A] out, so I’d better vote for [Major Party…read more
Great footage of a koala helping her joey bridge the gap between trees!
Here’s an amazing Google Earth Engine time lapse visualisation showing the devastating impact of development on the heartland of koala habitat, South East Queensland. Source : http://earthengine.google.org/#intro/v=-27.8615255,153.31201929999997,11.790520644639958
During WWE’s recent trip to Australia, Daniel Bryan visited the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the world’s oldest and largest Koala sanctuary.
This fluffy young koala popped his head over our fence in search for water. It has been very dry here in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia and so are the Gum Trees. Koalas get creative in search for water during the dry Summer.
Edinburgh Zoo koalas grin and bear it Picture: Neil Hanna by SARAH TOLAN Published on the 20July 2013 12:31 CLAMBERING over his brand new climbing frame eight-year-old Yabbra the koala is having a ball. He seems more than pleased with his new pad – the £40,000 revamped Koala Territory at Edinburgh Zoo which has taken three months…read more
So what sound do koalas make? Here’s some examples! Koalas fighting Females koala screaming Male koala grunts to assert his dominance Male koala mating call Here’s a collection of sounds Source: http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Koala_Bear_Sounds
Search by Tags
- Koala joey at the Los Angeles Zoo!submitted by missyscove [link] [comment] […]
- Wild Life Sydney delivers again. Their Facebook page is just basically koalas.submitted by 8305kate [link] [2 comments] […]
- My friend's even better koala sweatshirt!!submitted by rrraebies [link] [3 comments] […]
- My sister and me petting a Koala. Circa 1997submitted by alexmojo2 [link] [2 comments] […]
- This album is Koalifiedsubmitted by sofiefaxe [link] [4 comments] […]
- Pac Sun was sold out of this sweatshirt. For obvious reasons.submitted by bloodyheals [link] [3 comments] […]
- Cute Koala Foursome: The Battle of the Branchsubmitted by 8305kate [link] [comment] […]
- Four Koala joeys fight for control of a branch!submitted by Winkn [link] [comment] […]
- Told one of the kids at work my favorite animal is a koala so she drew this for me. Sweet kid.submitted by ganskerensa [link] [1 comment] […]
- Why are Koalas aggressive?I understand they are cute and fluffy with those big old ears but my understanding is they can get mean. Is it because they are territorial? submitted by Jazzny1470 [link] [2 comments] […]