Koala group condemns Act By Judith Kerr Jan. 29, 2014, 5 p.m. The Australian Koala Foundation has lodged a formal submission condemning the federal government’s draft Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act referral guidelines for koala protection. The organisation’s chief executive Deborah Tabart said the guidelines were more about reducing the workload for government and developers than protecting koalas. She said…read more
We’re liking the Australian Koala Foundation campaign that’s running at the moment.
6.30 with George Negus presented a story about koalas, the Senate Inquiry and property developers, which aired on Ten on June 7. The story features Senator Bob Brown and Deborah Tabart.
Queensland University of Technology News presents a story about the Senate Inquiry that features Senator Bob Brown, Dr Jon Hanger of the RSPCA and Deborah Tabart of the AKF. They declare that if the Federal Government does not intervene, koalas will become extinct. Go to QUT News for more. Download Video: MP4
Search by Tags
- Firefighters and wildlife workers have revived an injured koala with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation after it was hit by a car and later fell from a treesubmitted by ChetnBernie [link] [comment]
- Archer melts my heart.submitted by ppor [link] [comment]
- Mum and bub keeping warmsubmitted by xordis [link] [2 comments]
- WTF article from Australia's abc today: Dead koala with $50 stuffed in mouth found by POLICEsubmitted by icanucan [link] [3 comments]
- This is not ok.submitted by Moustachiod_T-Rex [link] [5 comments]
- Here's a koala swimming across a riversubmitted by wardepartment [link] [comment]
- Brave koala survives 88km ride to Gympiesubmitted by wardepartment [link] [comment]
- Cold calling is a real problem in Australia now (X-post from /r/Australia)submitted by ChetnBernie [link] [3 comments]
- 'They are incredibly strong': Koala survives rough ride on car grillesubmitted by ChetnBernie [link] [comment]
- Koala turned up in the hospital with a tiny joey this weeksubmitted by xordis [link] [6 comments]