This fluffy young koala popped his head over our fence in search for water. It has been very dry here in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia and so are the Gum Trees. Koalas get creative in search for water during the dry Summer.
The Dreamworld Koala colony has new arrivals! The as yet unnamed koalas joey have emerged from proud koala mums Hazel and Ruby’s pouches, Hazel’s Joey is sporting a casual lean and cheeky little smile while Ruby is all curled up like a warm pastry! We will keep you posted with more updates as they come to hand.
Meet Yabbra, at the time of posting, one of only two Koalas in the UK housed at Edinburgh Zoo. Like most Koalas he can sleep for around 22 hours in a single day. But when he’s awake he literally likes to run the halls! His unusual name is, perhaps unexpectedly, of Aborigine origin, meaning “the…read more
Specsavers is running “Koala”, a television commercial promoting the brand’s deals on contact lenses. A woman reading a newspaper in a park is surprised by the appearance of a curious koala (created entirely in CGI). They struggle briefly over the newspaper before the koala gets to reads the Specsavers’ ad in the paper. Why are…read more
Meet the as yet unnamed joey koala, one of 11 new arrivals at Dreamworld’s Wildlife Experience. The latest additions to the colony are set to emerge from the pouch very soon and are currently being weighed and documented before they enter their new home in Koala Country. Beejay’s little 5 month old joey is featured in today’s…read more
Search by Tags
- My friend's even better koala sweatshirt!!submitted by rrraebies [link] [1 comment] […]
- My sister and me petting a Koala. Circa 1997submitted by alexmojo2 [link] [comment] […]
- This album is Koalifiedsubmitted by sofiefaxe [link] [1 comment] […]
- Pac Sun was sold out of this sweatshirt. For obvious reasons.submitted by bloodyheals [link] [3 comments] […]
- Cute Koala Foursome: The Battle of the Branchsubmitted by 8305kate [link] [comment] […]
- Four Koala joeys fight for control of a branch!submitted by Winkn [link] [comment] […]
- Told one of the kids at work my favorite animal is a koala so she drew this for me. Sweet kid.submitted by ganskerensa [link] [1 comment] […]
- Why are Koalas aggressive?I understand they are cute and fluffy with those big old ears but my understanding is they can get mean. Is it because they are territorial? submitted by Jazzny1470 [link] [2 comments] […]
- Koala's uniquely low-pitched call is produced from vocal folds outside the larynx. The low pitch may mean it can be heard over longer distances - new studysubmitted by ChetnBernie [link] [3 comments] […]
- Sid took a 3 hour lunch break today. This is him casually strolling back a few moments ago. In your own time, Sid. [Again, from the WILD LIFE Sydney Facebook page]submitted by 8305kate [link] [4 comments] […]