NEW HIGHWAY THREATENS PROTECTED KOALA POPULATIONS Posted by: Ashleigh Saunders February 10, 2014 in Northern Rivers News Ballina Council has joined with Friends of the Koala, to fight for a new solution to the current Wardell bypass. The proposed highway upgrade through Blackwall could potentially wipe out the local protected species. Source : http://www.nbnnews.com.au/index.php/2014/02/10/new-highway-threatens-protected-koala-populations/ Calls for more…read more
Here is some damning analysis and reporting by the Rainforest Alliance and the Rainforest Stewardship Council. Australian Bluegum Plantations Pty. Ltd. (SW-FM/COC-001327) Assessment and Audits through 2005 (English) PDF - 298 KB Annual Audit 2006 (English) PDF - 138 KB Verification Audit 2007 (English) PDF - 39 KB Annual Audit 2007 (English) PDF - 140 KB Annual Audit 2008 (English) PDF - 429 KB Verification…read more
Ray and Murray Chambers from Sunshine Coast Koala Rescue talk about the realities of being wildlife rescue workers
Great footage of a koala helping her joey bridge the gap between trees!
This fluffy young koala popped his head over our fence in search for water. It has been very dry here in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia and so are the Gum Trees. Koalas get creative in search for water during the dry Summer.
They are both Sentinel Species whose presence, absence, or relative well-being in a given environment is indicator of the health of its ecosystem as a whole. Here’s a great campaign called follow the frog which highlights the fact that, we don’t have to go all the way to south america to do something, it’s happening right here…read more
Koala Hospital : SAT MAR 17 at 9P et/pt : http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals For almost forty years, the Koala Hospital has been caring for sick and injured marsupials and returning them to the wild.
Australia’s most adorable animals are in trouble. At the world’s first Koala Hospital, they cling to survival Australia may seem like a wildlife paradise, but looks can be deceiving. KOALA HOSPI✚AL presents the poignant and surprising life of koalas. For almost 40 years, the Koala Hospital and its community of volunteers have been caring…read more
Here’s a great commercial for WIRESwildlife rescue illustrating the dire situation we have imposed on koalas in the wild.
The Getafe Football Club is in a funk. The club competes in La Liga, the top soccer division in Spain and one of the best leagues in the world. But in a league dominated by Barcelona and Real Madrid, Getafe has struggled in recent years. The team, which plays in the southern part of metropolitan…read more
Search by Tags
- Koala takes a selfie at the Edinburgh Zoosubmitted by mindianajones [link] [4 comments]
- He Rocks!submitted by exitstagewrong [link] [1 comment]
- Surprised to see one only a short drive from the outer suburbssubmitted by rauchettl [link] [comment]
- A Koala Soaks His Paws After Being Rescued From A Bush Firesubmitted by StarFuryG7 [link] [2 comments]
- Controlled burns reduce fire risk but aren't koala-friendly. This little guy was too weak to climb high enough to reach unburnt leaves - appreciated some helpsubmitted by ChetnBernie [link] [1 comment]
- Koala breeding at an Australian Zoo - Making Animal Babiessubmitted by nepentheblue [link] [1 comment]
- Link to the Koala Mittens pattern for the victims of the recent brush fires . Thank you all for your help!submitted by jeanlucdickhard [link] [9 comments]
- Paw protectors needed for koalas injured in bushfiressubmitted by Twitchy_throttle [link] [12 comments]
- Woke up one morning to find this little guy in the garden.submitted by excelisdecays [link] [6 comments]
- Koalas from the Zoo (OMG THEY'RE SO FLUFFY)submitted by Molly_B [link] [8 comments]